Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Shall Receive

Some of it is due to my giving, but mostly it's just nice people with excess sharing their fruits (or, vegetables). Winter is crop season in Okinawa and February and March are harvesting times. I haven't ordered potatoes from my food catalog in over a month. I've cut back on my lettuce and skipped a couple carrot orders. The rate at which I receive gift vegetables nearly exceeds the rate at which I can eat them, even if potatoes are included in both my home-cooked daily meals. It makes me really happy that so much of my food is now really local.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sometimes I help garden at some of my schools, but I never have any idea what I'm planting. And then months later, I am presented with "my" vegetables. More than I can eat before they get moldy.