Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Last(?) Eisa Performance

Four the key members of the eisa group are moving off-island within the next two weeks, so we had their last big performance recently.  Originally we were building up to the Whale Watching Festival, but that was canceled out of respect for the earthquake.

I have found myself struggling with the thought of my core friends leaving the group while the 'newer generation' wants to step up the practices to make a better production.  One of the selling points to the group for me has been the relaxed nature, so I've been dreading the change.  A couple weeks ago I finally just decided that I wasn't having fun anymore and needed to take a break.  I don't really know if it is a 'break' or if it's retirement, but this might have been my last performance.  I had somebody take videos of all our performances.  Here are a couple of the better ones:



[The second song is one I learned from the Geruma school then taught the eisa group.  It is well regarded as "my" song within the group]



[timing was a bit off for the first minute-ish]





No comments: