Friday, July 4, 2008

Sabani Pictures

More Sabani pictures, as promised. The Zamami men's boat - ざまみ丸 (Zamami Maru) - was seeded first and won, which was good news. Nice to keep the title on Zamami. The two Zamami women's boats both capsized, which sounded exciting. They recovered and finished, but I was unclear if there is a separate women's category (and if so, who won?) or if there are even categories at all. The Zamami school boat did very well, finishing 16th for the second consecutive year.

Considering the potential of this photo opportunity, I wasn't particularly pleased with my shots. I think I took about 450 and only got a couple that I even halfway liked. The funny thing is that I knew it wasn't going to be a good photographic day for me when I went over at sunrise to begin. I just wasn't feeling it.






1 comment:

Son of Higashi said...

I think we're most critical of our own shots. In Chicago, I hated almost all but one of my prints (dirty shoes on chairs in an alley). But everyone else just seemed to come up with something amazing. Wonder if it has to do with knowing what you took vs. being surprised by others' shots.