Monday, October 6, 2008

Kyu-chan

Last night we had an eisa going-away party for one of our members, Kyu-chan. I’ve had a harmless crush (when was my last harmful crush?) on her for awhile and she was one of the reasons I joined eisa. When I learned the Japanese to ask a girl if she had a boyfriend, I tested the line on her. She answered yes.

The big news of last night is the announcement that she and her boyfriend are getting married. A moment of introspection for me. We both came at the same time and while I caught big fish and ran fast marathons, she met and got engaged to her future husband. I think we know who had a more productive year.


[I weigh about 85kg. She weighs 42kg. Less than half of me.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh Dave, "more productive," no WAY. different, with more life-cementing decisions, or challenging in a thicker and deeper way, but by no means "more productive." this is not quantitative. don't believe the hype. the pressure you're acting under comes from people who won't live with the decisions WE make for ourSELVES, and they should mind their own damn lives. stay flexible. stay free. it's the best way to keep learning.