Monday, March 14, 2011

More Earthquake Info

I will update the status of finding the camera owner later in the week, but it's probably more appropriate to concentrate on the earthquake, even though I'm very isolated from it.

I logged into Facebook tonight and saw this:



I thought this was pretty cool of them to do.  There is also some press about how Google is contributing via their People Finder and this English language Crisis Response page.  I am also struck by how many specifically secular charities there are to donate to (because really, Japan doesn't need bibles).

Here are some of the more impressive links I have seen in the last 24 hours:

A Before-and-After satellite photo viewer:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/japan-quake-2011/beforeafter.htm





And here's another one that I can't embed.

No comments: