Monday, November 29, 2010

Naoko's Tokyo Apartment




This is my friend, Naoko, whom I met on Zamami.  When I told her I was coming to Tokyo for nine days so we should meet, she said I should stay with her.  I don't mind staying with friends for a few days, but I am not comfortable putting them out for an extended period.  She insisted, though, and it turned out to be awesome.  Check this picture to see the size of her apartment.  $500/month, which is the going rate for the far outskirts of the city.  The bathroom/kitchen (which has zero counters and only enough space for a single burner) is about half the size of this room. There was also a tiny loft where I took this picture from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. My place in Osaka was quite a bit bigger for about 600 USD. I had a kitchenette with sink, 2 burners, and some counter space, a relatively roomy bathroom, and a washing machine. More reasonable than Tokyo for sure. Hell, it's pretty reasonable for LA too. I live in a mansion by comparison now...