Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Marlin #9

Yukibo was going out alone on Sunday when I wrote Saturday night to ask, so thankfully he invited me along.  I woke up at 4:30am to prepare for our 5:40am departure.  We began fishing just before 7am.  We had our first hit at 8:15am, then another at 8:45am, then I lose count.  We ended up with eight hits throughout the day, including a big one that took out most of the line on the reel before getting off.  The remaining 7 all jumped after becoming hooked, which was exciting.  Unfortunately only one set the hook well enough to make it back to the boat.  I reeled him in in just 24 minutes.  Being that there were only two of us I did the hand-lining at the end while Yukibo manned the spears and gaff.  94kg (213 lbs.), which is 6kg heavier than my previous marlin this season.  Hooked at 1:10pm, landed at 1:34pm.



[this fish came out of the intestine - note the damage to the fish from marlin's bill (that thing off the front that looks like a spear - they use it to stun their prey before eating them)]






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, my angel!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my angel
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna to start tonight