Friday, October 12, 2007

Mr. July


Just days before saltwater leaked into my dry bag and ruined my previous digital camera, I had walked the western loop of observatories on a Saturday afternoon to take pictures for entry into the 2008 JET calendar photo competition. It was an average day on Zamami, so the pictures were nothing spectacular, but they were nice.

I wrote and asked the photo contest director for permission to submit my entries electronically since my remote locale makes submission of actual prints prohibitive. He obliged and so it was done. And yesterday I received an email back from him informing me that one of my photographs (above) was selected for the calendar. It's a pretty average photo, but now I have a year to take better pictures for next year's contest.

My photo was selected for July.

3 comments:

Wren said...

I see the beautiful beach and blue sky, but where are the girls in bikinis? I can tell you right now that I'm not buying that calendar.

Laura said...

Where are the rest of your pictures? do you have a photo site you can link to on the blog?

Dave said...

i don't have a photo site yet. i'm still trying to figure this all out, but i think i have to download google's picasa software, which will then give me a photo account that also stores my blog photos. until then, check facebook.