Sunday, October 11, 2009

The New Vegetable Store

Last week I got an email from a friend that said a new store had just opened and if I bought anything I would get 10 free eggs. So I went and bought some potatoes, finding out once there that this new store's specialty is to be vegetables. Their hope is to provide a cheaper alternative to our [really expensive] main store.


This store also promises to sell Zamami-grown produce this winter when it comes out of the ground. It used to drive me crazy that there was no market for locally-grown vegetables - instead they were shipped to Naha for selling while Zamami consumers had to order from Naha. Their prices already rival those found in the catalogs we use for weekly ordering, so I am more than happy to trade my catalog business to support a local store. This is a good step for Zamami, I hope they make it.

No comments: