Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Little More from Geruma


These kids are studying harder than it appears.


The two fifth and two sixth grade students sorting out the dates and tenses.


I was playing in the hall with some of the kindergartners who were learning to wind and throw tops (and they were way better than me). One of the girls came out of the kindergarten room with this card. I'm not sure what the front says (a-ke-ne-?), but bonus points are definitely awarded for the arrow pointing me inside...


This says, "Demito-sensei [star, star, heart] asonde kudete arigatou." I don't know where the spaces go in those middle words so I can't look them up, but I'm told this card says "David-sensei, Thank you for playing with us." This was an "I love my job" moment.


Geruma's teachers' room. I sit at that oval table in the middle.


The lunchroom.


This is a lunch I was glad to get on Geruma: a ricy/jumblayaey main dish, mashed potatoes with corn, and an apple piey dessert. Of course I was still hungry and so I got seconds.

No comments: