Friday, February 27, 2009

Sick Season

The winter sick season is coming to a close here and I managed to make it through unscathed. It's fairly predictable that I'll get a weak cold once a year, but I think I just missed my chance.

You may have seen video before of Asians walking the streets wearing face masks. I used to think this was for pollution (maybe it is in big cities?), then I thought it was because people were taking preventative measures against sickness (which I thought a bit ridiculous). Finally I learned that the people wearing the masks are the ones who are sick. I am flattered by the selflessness.

2 comments:

erin said...

selfless and cute.
nice pictures.

Son of Higashi said...

Not necessarily true about only sick people wearing them.

I had a class of 15, where about five of them were wearing masks. Only one boy was sick. The others wore theirs for 予防, よ・ぼう, precaution.