Saturday, April 4, 2009

Tokyo Apartment

When I was in Tokyo I stayed with a friend whom I met on Zamami last year. Yuki lives with her boyfriend in a real-life Tokyo apartment, which means it's very small.

[The kitchen, from the front door]

[One of two rooms, this is the small one. It ends where that bookshelf ends on the right]

[The big room. I'm standing with my back against a wall]

[The bathroom was the best]

[Here's why: see the spots where your knees land when you sit down? It was a battle to close my legs enough to fit but open enough...]

[The shower was awesome, but I wouldn't have wanted to tackle it without understanding Japanese. That's an on-demand water heater, which is popular in Japan]

[Dinner and the girl they were trying to hook me up with]

Their apartment costs around $650/month - a far cry from the $50 I pay for my apartment.

No comments: