Friday, September 26, 2008

Aka Undokai

Aka's undokai (sports day) fell on the same day as Zamami's. For a reason I didn't quite understand, I was selected for attendance at Aka's event. While I was a little disappointed not to be running on a Zamami relay team, the photography opportunities were much greater at Aka because the kids don't play the 'let's hide from Dave when he has his camera' game. Which is kind of a dumb game.

Geruma's undokai was rescheduled from two weeks ago (typhoon) to this weekend. Just today it was canceled and rescheduled again for next weekend due to a possible incoming typhoon. Poor Geruma.

Here are some pictures from Aka's undokai:




[that second guy is the English teacher]


[every kid participates in the unicycle show]


3 comments:

Wren said...

I wish they taught us how to unicycle in school. I learned how to do tangrams instead. I ask you, which is the more applicable life skill?

Katy. said...

Tangrams would have been awesome! I distinctly remember writing book reports in gym about the history of the sport of bowling. We never even went bowling. :)

Dave said...

my friends are nerds.