Monday, September 8, 2008

Running Season

My year is divided into two seasons: running and fishing. Conveniently, they don't overlap. This week I kicked off the training plan for my first marathon of the season, the Iheya-jima Moonlight Marathon on November 15th. I’m going home to the U.S. the last three weeks of October, so this will be a ‘fun’ marathon. I want to experiment with some different eating strategies and break up the fall training before things really step up for the Okinawa City Marathon in late February.

My plan is to post a weekly running log. There are a couple other runners whose [b]logs I follow and it’s fun to track progress and see what it takes to achieve [X] time in a race. I don’t want to replace other posts so the running log post may be followed immediately by something else. But if you’re interested, know that most Mondays the running log will be up.

9/3, 5:50am: 13k – 1:07.55
9/4, 6:29am: 5k – 26.31
9/5, 5:54am: 13k – 1:07.09
9/5, 6:07pm: 1k, race pace – 3:35.5
9/7, 6:13am: 21k – 1:55.14 (last year on 9/15 I did this in 2:05)
Total: 53km

Today was my first long run since last February’s marathon. It hurt. Mostly where the chaffage persisted despite a heavy dose of Bodyglide. I just consider it this year's initiation, it’ll callous up soon enough.

No comments: