Sunday, September 21, 2008

Running Log 9/16-9/21

9/16 5:19am: 13k, 1:12.22
9/18 6:22am: 5k, 26.08
9/19 5:24am: 13k, 1:12.38
9/20 7:40am: 5k, 26.10
9/21 5:25am: 26k, 2:26.17 (1:14 and 1:12.17)

Total: 62km

I gave my right knee all of my attention this week and it performed well. I allotted 80% of my stretching time to the right leg. Nice consistency this week, albeit a little slow. Sunday’s long run was easily the hardest physical thing I’ve done since February’s marathon. I changed my sweat-drenched shorts and socks and wrung out my shirt at the halfway point. Shoes were squishy the second half. Chafe was as bad as it gets. My three sticks of Bodyglide are finished so I’m using my fingernails to dig out the remainder, hoping it can be rationed for a month until I go home.

2 comments:

Son of Higashi said...

Dude, if they sell Bodyglide somewhere on the mainland, and you want me to pick a few sticks up for you, just let me know. All I ask is a night to crash in return.

Dave said...

yeah.. i really doubt they sell bodyglide anywhere, but thanks for the offer. i think i'll be alright. really, if it was that desperate i could go get some vaseline (though i don't like the slatheriness of it). but getting through this chafe without any substance help is part of the game. just like waking up this morning and feeling completely dead but doing the run anyway. today's misery is making me more prepared for marathon day.